The Education Service promotes a greater connection with the public, in particular with schools, from the thematic universe and the collections of the Museum, through planned activities with a pedagogical and playful character, addressed to various audiences.
It is intended to develop a liking and respect for cultural diversity, creating rewarding experiences that encourage regular visits to the Museum, from the perspective of non-formal education, which contributes to the value of cultural heritage and social integration.
The different activities undertaken have been adapted taking into account the specificities of the public who use them, which caused immediately the creation of two types of public specifications: the short version, addressed to school groups and those that allow for a greater continuity or in depth, only achievable during the school holiday periods.
Due to the public interest, we developed partnership with other entities a diverse supply of thematic workshops, as well as performing shows directed towards schools.
Preparation for a guided tour
- Confirm the visit in advance by letter, fax, e-mail or telephone.
- For documentation about the Museum collection before the visit, in order to motivate your students and together prepare for your visit.
- Provide pedagogical packs for teachers and students of varying levels of education developed during and after your visit.
- Do not exceed the number of students recommended per group.
- Try to comply with the tour schedule you booked. If you have to cancel the visit, please notify the Museum immediately.
- Could you please collaborate with us by completing questionnaire and providing us with any suggestions, to improve our service, thank you.
- If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.